by M.L. Wong
Chess, is it a game? A science? An art? Maybe a struggle. Chess is often compared to life and valuable knowledge can be derived from it. These chess quotes do just that.
1. Pawn endings are to chess what putting is to golf.
2. Without error there can be no brilliancy.
3. Many have become chess masters – no one has become the master of chess.
4. You may learn much more from a game you lose than from a game you win. You will have to lose hundreds of games before becoming a good player.
5. You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.
6. In chess, as in life, opportunity strikes but once.
7. Genius. It’s a word. What does it really mean? If I win I’m a genius. If I don’t, I’m not.
8. When the Chess game is over, the Pawn and the king go back to the same box. 9.
Before the endgame the gods have placed the middlegame.
10. Every pawn is a potential queen.
11. The hallmark of the artist is simplicity
12. Some part of a mistake is always correct.
13. One bad move nullifies forty good ones.
14. In Chess, as it is played by masters, chance is practically eliminated.
15. No one ever won a game by resigning.
16. Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation.
17. In chess, as in life, a man is his own most dangerous opponent.
Hope you like them and if you know any others please share your chess quotes.